Friday, November 30, 2012

A Dozen Christmas Specials

It has become somewhat of a tradition that every year towards the end of November or beginning of December I buy a Christmas album or video. My taste is a bit eclectic. Some of my favorites are fun for the whole family while others are definitely not meant for kids. Perhaps in a another post I'll list some of my favorite music but in this one I'm focusing on the videos. Below is a list of some of my favorites. They are in alphabetical order since I don't think I could rank them any other way.

Black Adder Christmas Carol

A Christmas Story

Emmett Otter's Jug Band Christmas

Happy Holidays with Bing and Frank

Muppet Christmas Carol

Muppet Family Christmas

Robbie the Reindeer

Santa Claus is Coming to Town

Santa Claus Conquers the Martians

White Christmas

Wish for Wings That Work

Year Without a Santa Claus

There are, of course, plenty of other excellent Christmas specials. These happen to be the ones that I find the need to watch if not every year at least every other. If it isn't obvious from the list I love Jim Henson and the Muppets. I also enjoy those specials that mix nostalgia and humor. Rankin and Bass are always fun as are a healthy dose of crooners and cheesy fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment