Saturday, January 14, 2012

Religious Athletes

Prayerful Players: The Top 10 Religious Athletes

Who gives a shit? Really? They're athletes. They're job is to play the sport and win. I don't see what their personal views on religion has to do with how they play and I don't care. When I watch a game it's to see the game. I also find it both idiotic and belittling to say some play or maneuver is "miraculous." I may take issue with how much they get paid or how much attention professional athletes get but I have no problem acknowledging the hard work they put in and the skill they attain.

I also have no problem with individual athlete's who want to pray or thank mythical figures. If it makes them happy, why not. But the media does not have to get all excited over it. It should be a surprise that so many athletes are religious. The majority of people are religious. So, why is this newsworthy?

No comments:

Post a Comment