Sunday, March 30, 2014

Will the Interview Translate

I recently listened to an excellent interview on Point of Inquiry. The March 24, 2014 episode,
"Frank Schaeffer on Escaping Fundamentalism, and the Death of Fred Phelps", was very interesting but did make me wonder. Has Frank really, finally wised-up. Prior to the release of his book Patience with God I heard a couple of interviews with him that were also quite good. He came across as being very reasonable, compassionate, and sincere. Then I read the book. Calling it a worthless piece of shit would be kind. A had a hard time getting through it and it pissed me off so much I went back through and noted many of the heinous flaws. I wrote up the notes in a Google doc with the intention of doing something further. I never decided what that would be. I do still have the Google doc, though.

I'll be interested to see where things go from here. Will Schaeffer live up to his rhetoric or sink back into a far-right irrational bigoted mentality?

No comments:

Post a Comment