Saturday, July 21, 2012

Titles Alone

Sometimes when I peruse sites like Huffington Post and Patheos I come across blog post titles that I really want to write about but then become very disappointed when I actually read the piece attached to the title (sometimes the title changes from the link to the actual piece). There just isn't enough substance to bother with. It seems a shame because the title has such promise. So I've decide that occasionally I may just include a few of the titles with a brief comment or alternative title. I will, of course, include the link should anyone wish to read them as well.

"Report: Vatican Bank Compliant On 9 Out Of 16 Core Standards"
Paragons of ethics, 56% of the time

"Evangelical Scientists Debate Evolution, Bible"
Isn't that kind of like vegetarians debating which burger joint has the best meat and then devolving into a heated discussion over who could eat more, Pacman or a Gremlin?

I feel better. Those titles were too good to pass up even though reading the articles was an unfortunate waste of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment